I recently joined the Urban Sketchers Cebu.
The day after I join, there will be an event immediately the next day.
It would be sketching somewhere in Cebu.
I would love to go, but I have stuffs to do in the morning.
After lunch time, I was thinking if I can catch up with them or not.
I thought of it for several minutes.
And finally I was able to conclude.
It’s basically like a tug-of-war. I like to go, but can’t.
Finally my conclusion is not to go. Here’s the main reason:
- It’s already 2pm. The event ends at 4pm.
- If I will catch up, I have to invest time in looking where they are.
- I don’t know anyone from the group, so I have to pass every corner of the street looking for a group of people sketching.
- By the time I found them, it would be near the 4pm time frame. The event is almost done.
- Effort is greater than the result I obtain.
So I decided not to go (inspite of my excitement). I’ll just look forward for the next event.
After the conclusion, I find myself drinking some hot chocolate in one of the cafe here.
The front view looks relaxing, and so I do a sketch out of it.
Not all their branches have the same look as this. Their cafe basically differs on design, on chairs, tables, etc.
This one actually has a long legged chair. Two chairs confined in a rectangular wall, hollow on the front and back so that you can see the passers-by.
The additional plants make the environment relaxing.
The place is Coffee Dream in SM Cebu.